1.5.14

Top Ten Tuesday: If you like this movie you'll like this book!


"Top Ten Tuesday" is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week a new topic is selected in advance and participating bloggers must make a list in regards to the topic!

Okay so I know that today isn't Tuesday but I really wanted to make this post and unfortunately I couldn't put it together until now! Life has been really hectic lately so bear with me!

I'm going to keep this one short and sweet with just five on my list!

If you like...


...you'll like


If you like the TV show Battlestar Galactica then you'll like Partials by Dan Wells. Both are set in the future and feature the technology humanity has created turning on them. But in both of these cases the technology has a human appearance! Both feature the after-effects of a war between humanity and their adversaries. In the case of Battlestar Galactica they are the Cylons and in Partials they are, of course, the partials. Both also feature strong female protagonists. If you're looking for a bit of sci-fi fun then definitely check these out!



If you like...



...you'll like

If you like the TV show The Tudors then you'll love The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. The Tudors focuses on the life of Henry Tudor, the infamous king of England who married seven times. The Other Boleyn Girl tells the story of Mary, Anne Boleyn's sister. It begins around the same time as The Tudors and tells a similar story, but from the eyes of one of Henry's mistresses. If you enjoyed the TV show then I'd recommend reading this as well as the rest of Philippa Gregory's Tudor series.



If you like...

...you'll like

If you enjoyed watching the movie Starship Troopers then you'll enjoy reading A Soldier's Duty by Jean Johnson. While they do differ in many ways, both of these are set in the future and centre around a war with an alien race. They can be different in many ways, but I still believe if you enjoyed one, you'll enjoy the other!



If you like...
...you'll like


John Tucker Must Die and Burn for Burn by Jenny Han both follow a plot centred around revenge. The main ladies in both want revenge for a number of wrong-doings and plan to take it out on the people they believe deserve it. If you love a high school setting with a lot of fun then these are for you!



If you like...

...you'll like

Both Clueless and The Trouble with Flirting are based on Jane Austen's novels with Clueless being based on Emma and The Trouble with Flirting being based on Mansfield Park. What makes this stand out from all the other adaptations is how genuinely good they are. Both improve on the original stories, in my opinion! If you love Austen, you'll love these two!

That's it from me! I hope you guys don't mind that it's a few days late!

Do you have any thoughts on my list? Let me know in the comments below!



2 comments:

  1. I agree that Partials is a fantastic fit for anyone that has seen and loved BattleStar Galactica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AGREE with Burn for Burn! OMG I was actually thinking of a movie that I find similar with burn for burn when I was reading it, it's just on the tip of my tongue but thanks for posting this, now I know what it is! Eeeep. Great list! Looking forward to read Partials! :)

    ReplyDelete