11.5.14

The Sunday Post!



"The Sunday Post" is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. The Sunday Post is a chance to share news from the previous week, show the schedule for the upcoming week and show books bought or received during the week. This post is also linked up to "Stacking the Shelves", a meme that gives you the chance to showcase new books, hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Everytime I post a new Sunday Post, it feels like forever since I posted the last! I suppose that's what I get for decidiing to only post it once a month! I finally finished college for the summer so here's to that! I'm looking for a job at the moment but no luck so far unfortunately!

I also decided to go to BEA! I was meant to go to New York later this year, with my mam, for my birthday but my aunty decided to get married in Spain so the New York fund was re-directed into that. However I still had the money that I had saved up to spend while over there. I kept trying to convince my mam to go with me somehow and then I tried to convince friends to go with me. Anything to get to New York! I've been twice and fell head over heels in love with it. I had to go somehow. Eventually I said screw it and decided to go by myself, I needed to be a bit adventurous. Since I was going anyway I decided to go the same time as BEA so I could attend. I can't wait to get there! If you're going, let me know in the comments and make sure to say hi if you see me!

It's going to be such a crazy couple of weeks. I fly home from New York on the Saturday but don't land in Ireland until Sunday. We're then flying to Spain on Tuesday morning. I'm already running around like a headless chicken trying to make sure that everything is prepared for both holidays before I fly out!



April Book Haul

Bought



(unfortunately my computer is refusing to co-operate so the rest of the haul will have to just be pictures, sorry!)


For Review
(Thanks Headline!)




I'm really sorry about leaving you without links, hopefully you can make out the titles and the authors from the covers!

What books did you get this week? Are you going to BEA? Let me know in the comments below!


5 comments:

  1. Following from the Sunday Post. WOW! That's a LOT of books! Have a fantastic time in New York!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to chat to you sometime about the logistics of BEA and NYC! I've not really looked into it fully but being from Ireland too I always thought it would be pretty much impossible!! R x


    www.confessionsofabookgeek.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahem, I don't think you meant Humans of New York by Brandon Sanderson...


    Anyway, hi! I hope you enjoy BEA! That looks like a great haul. I really want to read To All the Boys I've Loved Before. And The Museum of Intangible Things looks very interesting and has a pretty cool cover! I bought The Lies of Locke Lamora ages ago for both me and my boyfriend but neither of us have really got round to reading it, haha. I've heard that it's meant to be really good though.


    I bought Daughter of Smoke and Bone this week too! Here's my Sunday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on BEA! Have fun and safe travels. Looks like a pretty good book haul and lots of cool covers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful haul! Especially The One. I read the Elite but have to wait on the last book. Obsidian, Snow like Ashes and a few others look great! Happy Reading!

    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete