25.3.14

Top Ten Tuesday: Things on My Bookish Bucket List!


"Top Ten Tuesday" is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week a new topic is selected in advance and participating bloggers must make a list in regards to the topic!

This was a hard one to put together I have to admit! There will always be a few things I'm dying to do in relation to books, but ten?!? That's a lot! In the end I could only come up with nine that I really want to do. 

Finish my TBR



I want to someday be able to say I've read every book I've ever wanted to. Probably completely unrealistic since there's new books every week being released that I want to read. However I'm sure as I get older I'll be looking up new books even less (by older I mean like late sixties or so!). Maybe someday I'll get to read all of the books on my TBR!


Own a library




I think it's the dream of most readers to have their own personal library in their home. Not just a few bookshelves in the bedroom or the sitting room but a whole room dedicated to just books and reading. I would settle for a spare bedroom with a few bookshelves but how great would it be to have a library like the ones in the pictures above? I can just picture myself reading in the nook, the other picture showing what I would love the rest of the room to look like. Can you imagine reading on that bench, looking out the window while it rained heavily? Or even in the summer looking out at the gorgeous weather? I need this room in my future house!


BEA



I would love to go to BEA. It's such a huge dream of mine. It would really be amazing to go to a convention that revolves completely around my favourite thing, books! Unfortunately I can't afford it this year simply because I love in Ireland. The flights are so expensive. I suppose I could go on my own, but that would freak me out a bit. I'm incredibly envious of all of you who live in the US and can go without too much expense. Someday I'm going to go! Maybe even next year if I can save enough and convince my Mam to go with me!


Read a Book a Day




This one will probably require taking a year off college or eventually work before I have kids. This one is extremely unlikely to happen unless I wait until I'm retired and spend the year doing nothing but reading. But I can always dream!


Gain 1000 Followers
How cool would it be to eventually reach 1000 followers?!? As you can see, on Bloglovin', I only have 269 followers. That's pretty amazing in my opinion but I still want to someday reach 100.




Quoted in a Finished Copy



I've seen quite a few bloggers that have been quoted in finished copies from their reviews. That seems like the ultimate complement! It means that not only was your review well written but the publisher thought your blog is important enough to help influence people to buy their book. That's pretty awesome!



Write a Book



Half the world probably wants to do this one! I've always enjoyed writing, but never in a serious way. I'm always trying to think of interesting concepts to write about. It's so hard to think of something that hasn't been done a million times before. The YA paranormal romance has certainly been overdone! Someday I'm going to write a book, I swear it!


Invited to Amazon Vine



This is probably going to be another popular one on bloggers bucket lists. Being invited to join Amazon Vine would be amazing! For those of you who don't know, Amazon Vine is an invite only programme where Amazon send you books to review. They send you an email twice a month (I think?) and you can choose any two books featured to be sent to review. You can't be sent any more books until you review the ones you have been sent. I can only dream!

Make more Bloggy Friends

This is a getting to be a pretty big deal for me. I'm really terrible at talking to people online but I would really love to make more friends through blogging. I need to put myself out there a bit more I suppose. The funny thing is that I find it really easy to talk to people IRL. It's just speaking to people online that I find crazy hard. I would love to be able to talk to more of you about what I thought of my latest read, or look forward to finally meeting you at BEA 2015 like I've seen so many other bloggers do! So that's something I can start working on now for my bookish bucket list!

That's it from me for another day! Let me know what's on your bookish bucket list!



12 comments:

  1. Yes, Amazon! If only I'd started posting my reviews back when I started writing them, in 2003!

    Here's my Book-ish Bucket List!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with the home library, but for any book lover I think that's our biggest dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having a library would honestly be my dream. I would love to have a special reading room, the shelves filled, with a nice cosey nook to sit in. And a mini Starbucks in the corner (okay, that last part might be unrealistic ;P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Abby @ abbbzandbookz25 March 2014 at 13:40

    Omg just discovered your blog :D You have a really cool blog btw!
    Attending a BEA is also one of my dreaams! Ahhh, but looking at my situation living in the Philippines.... I am already losing hope HAHA. And yes to a library! I hope you attain these goals sometime in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finish my TBR (unread books I own) is one of mine too. And I meant to include a library on my list! Wouldn't that be awesome to have a designated retreat in your home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're currently reading 14 books? How are you keeping up?! I'm reading just two at the moment, I can keep up with them easily enough but 14 o.o

    BlogLovin followers was on my list too, except mine was 100... I only installed it about 3 weeks ago so I'm currently sitting at about 35 followers.

    ★ Under The Mountain's Supernatural TTT ★

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazon Vine would be amazing... I have the blogger friends thing on my list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like attending BEA is a popular goal! Sigh. One day! Love the pictures of your dream home libraries. I have to admit I was totally jealous of Belle in Beauty and the Beast for her library score :) Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty Little Reader26 March 2014 at 15:54

    Oooh Amazon Vine - I wouldn't say no to an invite there! Haha


    Attending BEA made my list too, and having my own library is definitely something I want when I finally get a house.


    I can't imagine ever finishing my TBR, but how amazing would that feel??

    ReplyDelete
  10. This list rocks. Honestly! I think the getting in the back of a finished copy would be amazing too...I never even thought of that. I just kind of look at those bloggers and think they are the best of the best. XD I nearly read a book a day in February. It was exhausting, but kind of awesome to say I did. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Book Wheel1 May 2014 at 22:45

    Being invited to Amazon Vine is an awesome goal!

















    I love that this was a Top Ten Tuesday - I hope you come by
    and link it up to the Original
    Bookish Bucket List
    , too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going to BEA is definitely my goal😍😍

    ReplyDelete