30.3.14

The Sunday Post!


"The Sunday Post" is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. The Sunday Post is a chance to share news from the previous week, show the schedule for the upcoming week and show books bought or received during the week. This post is also linked up to "Stacking the Shelves", a meme that gives you the chance to showcase new books, hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

It's been so long since I did a Sunday Post! Unfortunately life got really hectic throughout February and March, I barely had time to touch a computer, never mind actually having the time to blog. So lately I've been MIA. I've barely posted anything in the last two months due to college and life in general, but I didn't want to go on an official hiatus. I kept thinking I'd find time to post tomorrow and I was just never able to. So I owe all of you who are still around a huge apology, I'm sorry for being so irregular with my posts!

Anyway, on to the details of my life the past two months! The blog celebrated its six month blogoversary! It may not be a big deal to some but for me it's really amazing! I hosted a giveaway to celebrate, hurry and check it out because it ends tomorrow! As I said before life has been really hectic. I had to present a group project that was worth a huge 70% of my module and there were plenty of problems with working in a group! I then had two essays due and two exams, so I was really trying to focus on them. At the beginning of March I also started my clinical placement. As some of you may know, I'm studying to be a radiation therapist, so for four weeks we have to complete a work placement in a radiation unit. To be honest I was really starting to dislike my course. I dreaded attending lectures and actually doing the work. But now I see a light at the end of the tunnel! I absolutely love being a radiation therapist! It's such an amazing job! Now there's only exams this year and then three more years to get through before I can escape college and actually work! But before then I have two exams, a presentation and two essays to write. And that's before my actual end of year exams four weeks from now. Kill me now please! 


I'm just going to have to soldier through somehow! But, if I'm not posting quite as regularly in the coming weeks then at least you know why!

Now on to the good stuff!


Currently Reading

I'm currently reading both of these gems! Hellfire by Jean Johnson and Hothouse Flower by Krista & Becca Ritchie. I'm really enjoying both of them. Looking at them now I realise I probably couldn't be reading two books more different if I tried! Hey, at least I'm keeping it varied! 

February & March Book Haul

Bought




As you can see I went on a bot of a buying frenzy with the Addicted series and it's companion novels. This is such a great series! 

For Review



That's basically the past two months in a nutshell! I can wait for life to calm down again! This Summer is going to one of major reading time! 

What did you get in your hauls this week? Let me know in the comments below!


11 comments:

  1. Abby @ abbbzandbookz30 March 2014 at 15:10

    WOW! So maaany goood books! I am dying to read Hothouse Flower! Ryke & Daisy!! *squeaaals* Also, On the Fence *grabby hands*



    Happy reading! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Good luck with your upcoming exams, presentations, and other school-related projects. School doesn't last forever and will get you to your ultimate goal. So, hang in there and keep moving forward,

    My Sunday post: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2014/03/weekly-book-recap-60.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurel-Rain Snow30 March 2014 at 16:40

    Congrats on your six months of blogging! Enjoy the upcoming months...and years. LOL

    Here's

    MY WEEKLY SUNDAY/MONDAY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, with so much going on I can totally see why you've been MIA. I'm sure you'll do great with it all though and if the blog is quiet for a bit, that's okay. Studying to do something you enjoy will be well worth a few missed posts here and there. :)

    Looks like you've gotten some great books lately. I'm checking them out on Goodreads as we speak. Hope you have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice book haul! You have a lot of very nice books!
    Have a great week and enjoy all your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the blogoversary! I see Rule of 3 (which I liked) and Eleanor & Park (which I want to read) in your "bought" pile. Hope all your new stuff is good...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The winner's curse has been around the blogosphere for a few days now and everybody is raving about it ! So happy reading ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay On the Fence. I wish it was coming out sooner so I could fit it in now! I can't wait to read it. But alas, every other review book in the world is coming out in May. lol


    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how it feels when life is too busy for anything, but as long as you can still get some reading time in, that's the main thing.
    Have a great week and Happy Reading.
    My Sunday Post is here

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh la la you've got some great posts! I LOVED The Winner's Curse and I am having my book club girls read it next month! If you haven't read it already, I hope you enjoy it. It seriously is so great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ON THE FENCE! Ahhhhhh. I love Kasie West's cute contemporaries the best. Cannot WAIT for this one. It's going to be just as amazing as The Distance, I know it!

    ReplyDelete