5.1.14

The Sunday Post


"The Sunday Post" is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. The Sunday Post is a chance to share news from the previous week, show the schedule for the upcoming week and show books bought or received during the week. This post is also linked up to "Stacking the Shelves", a meme that gives you the chance to showcase new books, hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Sorry for the late Sunday Post! I meant to post this last week but unfortunately life got in the way as it so often does!

December wasn't the best of months for me, my Grandad died the week before Christmas. It happened very suddenly and to be honest I'm still trying to process it. Hopefully no one noticed a break in the blog as I luckily already had posts scheduled. The blog has been great this month for getting my mind off things!


Christmas was great but very weird! It was my Grandads favourite holiday and he loved sitting in his armchair and watching all of the kids open their presents around him. It was such a happy occasion this year, knowing that he was looking down on us. 

This month I'm dreading going back to college. It's terrible but I'm really starting to hate it! I'm hoping I'm going to be able to stick three and a half more years of this!

Seems that this post is a sad one unfortunately so I'm going to have to bring a bit of joy! My mother and I went to see Wicked this month and we loved it! We saw it twice before in New York and couldn't resist getting tickets when it came to Dublin! December was also very good to me book wise. I got a lot of books from my Mam for Christmas and I can't wait to jump into them!

In other good news I've already got three books read toward my 2014 goal!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Years Eve. Here's to looking forward to 2014!

month in review





currently reading
I'm currently in  between books at the moment, but I'm planning to read either Geek Girl by Holly Smales or The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black. Let me know which you think I should read next!



december book haul

Bought

sorry about the quality of the picture


The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner - I've read both of these before but wanted to have copies of them to go with the other books in the series.
All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin - This one was an impulse buy during the Book Depository sale.
The Trouble With Flirting by Claire LaZebnik

For Review




As you can see I'll be busy for quite some time with this months haul! Hopefully next month's haul should only have four books total! Let's see if I can stick to that.


That's it from me for today! What did you add to your bookshelves this week? Link up your hauls below!



Follow on Bloglovin
Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

  1. Thank you! I can only hope I will, the stress of it can be unnbareable at times but I'm sure it's nothing a million other college students aren't going through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to get to them, though it will probably be a lot closer to their release date! Thank you, I do too! You must love Wicked as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to dive straight into The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, everyone I know seems to have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've started it already and I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the first book I finished this year! I really enjoyed and already have Erased ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I can't wait to get started on all of them, I'm already enjoying The Coldest Girl in Coldtown! I can't wait to see what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks I needed that ha! It was really amazing, if they come back you should really try to go! I actually just started reading The Burning Sky alongside The Coldest Girl in Coldtown. Both seem really good so far. Altered was a really fun read! It felt like reading a movie if that makes sense. I felt like I was watching an action movie in my head while reading it!

    ReplyDelete