22.11.13

Friday Favourites


Friday Favouritess is a feature on my blog where I talk about books I love and would recommend! It won't be a weekly feature. I will post Friday Favourites sporadically. If you have any similar posts feel free to link them up in the comments so I can check them out.

I've decided to start a new feature on my blog! This feature, obviously, will be called Friday Favourites! It will be a chance for me to showcase books I've read and loved in the past, whether I read the book last week or last year! 

To start off I'll be showcasing a book I absolutely loved reading. This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summers. 





It’s the end of the world. Six students have taken cover in Cortege High but shelter is little comfort when the dead outside won’t stop pounding on the doors. One bite is all it takes to kill a person and bring them back as a monstrous version of their former self. To Sloane Price, that doesn’t sound so bad. Six months ago, her world collapsed and since then, she’s failed to find a reason to keep going. Now seems like the perfect time to give up. As Sloane eagerly waits for the barricades to fall, she’s forced to witness the apocalypse through the eyes of five people who actually wantto live. But as the days crawl by, the motivations for survival change in startling ways and soon the group’s fate is determined less and less by what’s happening outside and more and more by the unpredictable and violent bids for life—and death—inside. When everything is gone, what do you hold on to?



I love a good zombie novel and this book took it to a whole new level. I loved the concept of someone who didn't want to survive the zombie apocalypse. Usually when you read a zombie book, all of the characters are desperate to survive and would do anything to do so. 

This is easily one of my all time favourite zombie novels. It was so well written and had more than a few spine chilling moments. While the zombies were not quite as present in this story as they usually are, it did not make the reality of their situation any less scary. 

I would recommend this book to anybody who enjoys a good zombie novel or any sort of contemporary or realistic fiction. Yes, you read that right, realistic fiction! Seeing Sloane try to deal with her wish to kill herself and figure out the best way to do so was very realistic.


If you haven't yet read this book then you really need to get a move on!  


 photo Jennifer_zps66facca0.jpg

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment