9.10.13

"Waiting on" Wednesday

 photo waiting-on-wednesday-3_zps07acaec3.jpg



"Waiting on” Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that showcases much awaited upcoming releases.


For this week's "Waiting on" Wednesday I'll be highlighting two books I've been dying to read ever since I first read the synopsis of each of them!


The first book I'm really looking forward to reading is "After Eden" by Helen Douglas. As soon as I read what this book was about I knew I had to get my hands on it as soon as possible. I was lucky enough to receive an egalley from NetGalley so I'll have a review up in the next few weeks!

Eden Anfield loves puzzles, so when mysterious new boy Ryan Westland shows up at her school she's hooked. On the face of it, he's a typical American teenager. So why doesn't he recognise pizza? And how come he hasn't heard of Hitler? What puzzles Eden the most, however, is the interest he's taking in her. 

As Eden starts to fall in love with Ryan, she begins to unravel his secret. Her breakthrough comes one rainy afternoon when she stumbles across a book in Ryan's bedroom - a biography of her best friend - written over fifty years in the future. Confronting Ryan, she discovers that he is there with one unbelievably important purpose ... and she might just have destroyed his only chance of success.







The second book I can't wait for this week is "Unbreathable" by Hafsah Laziaf. I was lucky enough to find this book through blogs I follow and can't believe I might not have found out about it if I had not started blogging! I love he premise and I'm a sucker for dystopia. The author was nice enough to provide a review copy for me so a review should up soon enough. This has gotten stellar reviews on Goodreads so I'm dying to start reading!



One hundred and fifty years ago, Earth was destroyed, and the remaining humans fled to the dusty red planet of Jutaire, where the only oxygen is manufactured, food is scarce, and death strikes often. 

When Lissa's father discovers Earth still exists, she accidentally inhales the toxic air of Jutaire, and in one breath, discovers she isn't quite human. 

Her father hangs for his discovery, and Lissa knows the Chancellors will come for her, for she saw the Earth that night too. With nothing to lose, she sets out to expose the truth. It isn't long before she meets Julian, a beautiful boy who can breathe the toxic air like she can - and shows her that the Jute, the original inhabitants of the planet, are more tangled in their lives than she knows.

But the Chancellors are only pawns in a greater game - one where the Jute control everything. Worse, the Jute plan to leave Jutaire for Earth, but to get there, they need her. And they'll stop at nothing until Lissa is in their clutches, even if they kill every human in the process. 

The race for Earth has begun.


I'll have both of these books up for grabs next week in not one but two blog hop giveaways so keep checking back!

That's it from me for another week! What books are you looking forward to reading?


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment