11.9.13

"Waiting on" Wednesday

 photo waiting-on-wednesday-3_zps07acaec3.jpg




"Waiting on” Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that showcases much awaited upcoming releases.



My first "Waiting on" Wednesday, how exciting! Let's get down to business. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who immediately starts singing "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan?!? I am? Well alrighty then.)

For my first week I'm going to show not one, but two books I'm eagerly awaiting.



The first one on my list is "This Song Will Save Your Life" by Leila Sales. I've been waiting for this one for quite some time now. I have a strange feeling it's going to be one of those books that makes you think it will probably be a lighthearted and fun read, but will probably leave me sitting down for an hour thinking about the meaning of life once I finish it!









Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing. Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together.
Release Date: 17 September 2013


The second book on my buy-immediately-when-it-becomes-available pile is "Tumble & Fall" by Alexandra Coutts. This is another one that I've been waiting for for what seems like years. I must admit I have really high hopes for this one. If it's anything like what I'm hoping then it won't simply be another dull romantic story about teenagers destined to be together for eternity with the apocalypse as a backdrop so it can label itself the now-trendy Pre-Apocalypse.







A novel about the end of days full of surprising beginnings The world is living in the shadow of oncoming disaster. An asteroid is set to strike the earth in just one week’s time; catastrophe is unavoidable. The question isn’t how to save the world—the question is, what to do with the time that's left? Against this stark backdrop, three island teens wrestle with intertwining stories of love, friendship and family—all with the ultimate stakes at hand. Alexandra Coutts's TUMBLE & FALL is a powerful story of courage, love, and hope at the end of the world.
Release Date: 17 September 2013


(all release dates according to Goodreads)


So that's it from me for this "Waiting on" Wednesday, let me know what books you can't wait for in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment