24.9.13

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Sequels Ever

 photo top-ten-tuesday-3_zpsd74b9ada.jpg

"Top Ten Tuesday" is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Every week a new topic is selected in advance and participating bloggers must make a list in regards to the topic!


Welcome to my very first "Top Ten Tuesday"! I have to admit I'm really excited about this! I've been looking forward to doing this for a while now, and I love reading everyone else' choices. Let's get going!
The following books are in no particular order. I think I may even love all of these sequels equally!

1. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

As much as I loved the first book in this series, I thought the second book was far better. Sarah J Maas has that rare ability to know exactly what her readers want to read, and then actually write it.




















2. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Again, this was a sequel that managed to be even better than the first. With this book that was a true accomplishment as I have read few books quite as good as the first in this series.


















3.Naturals by Tiffany Truitt

This sequel was every bit as good as the first, with just a little bit extra romance. Not enough to take away from the story, but enough to satisfy those of us longing for it.


















4. Fragments by Dan Wells

While I'm not of the opinion that this book was as good as its predecessor I do think it was still a very good book. Partials was far too high a standard to expect this book to live up to. And like Naturals above, a little bit of romance was added though I really do mean little.






5.The Novice/ The High Lord By Trudi Canavan

It's not really cheating when it's sequels from the same series is it? Oh well I'm gonna go with it anyway. This is one of my all time favourite series, with each book getting better as it went along. Trudi Canavan is the only author that I can truly say I've read every book she has has published, and this is the absolute best of her work.










6.Exile by Anne Osterlund

Aurelia, the first in this series was a bit of a disappointment. However I decided to come back for the second book just to see if it got any better. I can very happily say it got an awful lot better! I am now eagerly awaiting a third book though none has been mentioned yet.
















7. Song of the Nile by Stephanie Dray

In this book Selene really comes into her own and realises her own power. No longer a helpless little girl she begins to take control of her own destiny. If that doesn't sound fantastic then I don't know what does! I can't wait for the next book in this series.


















8. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

How could I do a best sequels list without including this book? Though I was never a huge fan of the whole book, I do LOVE every art of this book that isn't in an arena. In my opinion the first three quarters of this book are even better than The Hunger Games!


















9.Rites of Spring (Break) by Diana Peterfreund

This is the third book in the Secret Society Girl series, a series which I loved loved loved! This was by far my favourite in the series, due to certain people getting more attention than previous books (anybody who ha read the series will know exactly what I mean!).

















10. The Queen of Attolia/The King of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner

It's still technically not cheating right? Anybody who has read this series will know how truly fantastic it is and just how well written each of the books are. This is definitely one of the few series that, no matter your taste in books, you really should read!








And that's my top ten for this week! Leave your top ten in the comments below.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment